ITU AbsorbTech Has Been Recognized for Water Conservation Excellence
We are proud to announce two recent recognitions highlighting our commitment to compliance excellence and environmental stewardship. These achievements reinforce our business tenet – We are committed to environmental stewardship. Going above and beyond compliance helps to assure the future of our business and the environment.
Milwaukee is a bustling port and vibrant riverside community. Protecting our water resources has always been a sustainability endeavor that ITU AbsorbTech takes very seriously. We are pleased to once again be on the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) honor roll in recognition of our efforts to protect our local water resources. MMSD established the industrial user honor roll explicitly to acknowledge industrial facilities for their efforts to contribute to the region’s economic viability.
Not only did we feel honored by our inclusion on MMSD’s honor roll, but our Piedmont, SC team also secured the Environmental Stewardship Award from Renewable Water Resources for the third consecutive year.
The most recent audit acknowledged the endeavors of our organization and the extensive influence we have. They lauded the team’s commitment to cleanliness, precise documentation, and rigorous practices employed to safeguard both our local and national water resources.
These achievements showcase our unwavering commitment to preserving the pristine state of our waterways, as we actively mitigate the impact of harmful pollutants. To delve deeper into our environmental practices and accomplishments, you can find more information here.
Looking for 10 ways on how we can conserve and protect our water resources, whether you’re a major company or just one person?
- Monitor Water Usage: Use advanced monitoring systems to track water consumption and identify areas for optimization.
- Implement Sustainable Practices: Integrate water-efficient technologies and practices into production processes to minimize water wastage.
- Supply Chain Management: Encourage sustainable water practices throughout the supply chain, from sourcing to distribution.
- Public Education: Raise awareness about water conservation among employees, customers, and stakeholders.
- Support Legislation: Advocate for stricter water protection regulations and participate in relevant policy-making processes.
- Reduce Water Waste: Fix leaks promptly, use water-efficient appliances, and turn off taps when not in use.
- Water-Smart Landscaping: Choose native plants and employ efficient irrigation methods to minimize outdoor water usage.
- Use a Broom: Instead of hosing down driveways or sidewalks, use a broom to clean debris.
- Beach and River Cleanups: Participate in community cleanups to prevent plastic and other debris from entering water bodies.
- Use Full Loads: Run dishwashers and washing machines only when you have a full load to optimize water usage.