Waste Reduction Practices at ITU AbsorbTech
ITU AbsorbTech operates all processing facilities under the belief that Environmental Responsibility is essential. Textile products that are reused many times eliminate the waste created by disposable products and conserves natural resources.
Through management practices and technology advances, we strive to drive down consumption of energy, water and packaging and increase the life of the textiles themselves. Our facilities have obtained ISO 14001 certification, and our products and services have assisted thousands of customers who also value environmental stewardship.
How this Impacts our Customers
This philosophy and the innovations and practices it fosters impact many facets of the industrial laundry business and those of our customers, such as:
- Our unique, patented process to recover and quantify solvent from soiled products prevents solvents from evaporating into the air or going into the sewer system. After recovery, the solvent is so contaminant free that it is a valuable material.
- The products that our facilities process yield a wide range and large quantity of separated soil. With solvent recovery and improvements in our systems, our facilities generate no cleaning-related hazardous waste.
- Waste oil from cleaning operations is collected to be a reusable by‑product. Tons of commingled industrial oils and grease soils are diverted from landfills or the sewer systems annually.
- This high level of process control means our customers can have confidence that the soil in their laundry will not come back to haunt them as a future liability.
- ITU AbsorbTech is recognized by federal, state and local agencies as being at the forefront of the laundry industry in environmental capabilities and is the recipients of many environmental awards.
- ITU AbsorbTech Named a 2023 Top WorkplaceMay 19, 2023
- Tee Up Raises $230,000 for T1D ResearchNovember 18, 2022
Hallman Lindsay Greenfield
20:59 30 Jan 20
We have used ITU Absorbtech at our location for years now. Skyler always does a great job. He is very professional and efficient.read more
18:51 30 Jan 20
ITU has been Venango Steel's uniform and mat supplier for nine years. It has been a great partnership. The quality of the products meets or exceeds expectations. Jeff Miller is our representative and Chad Prather is our route driver. They go the extra step to keep the customer happy ! Thank you Jeff & Chad !read more
14:48 30 Jan 20
Our rep is Branislov and our manager is Kieth both are very friendly and give us great service. We have had ITU for over 40 years. I like what they do for "coats for kids" by cleaning all the donated clothes. Also they are a very environmentally aware company.read more
15:50 29 Jan 20
CDM Tool has been using ITU for a long time. They have dedicated drivers. Bob our driver knows our company so well, he is able to tell based on our supply's that are used how business is going. He then adjusts so we don't overpay. The best part is that they don't create more work for me. We have never had an issue with lost uniforms.read more
15:16 24 Jan 20
L&S Insulation has been a customer for many years and Absorbtech has really reliable mats, always fresh and clean. Skyler has amazing customer service and is super friendly. :)read more
00:40 05 Feb 19
Family owned company that truly takes care of their employees and customers as if they were family!!!
19:54 23 Jan 18
Customer service is great! Dave and Bernie are amazing, very helpful and respond quickly. Staff is friendly and professional.read more
16:35 20 Dec 17
Bob Casey is my route driver, very nice guy, always takes care of everything. I have been with ITU for better than 20 years, I would never change. Merry Christmas Bob C.read more
17:12 15 Dec 17
Very easy to work with. Matt is a phenomenal salesman, great personality. Brian our service representative is always very courteous and pleasant to work with. A great change for our company and glad we are doing business with them.read more
20:37 01 Dec 17
Our company has done business with ITU for 15+ years. They give good prices and good customer service. I would recommend them. Easy to deal with. (AFI Direct Service, Inc.)read more
16:16 28 Nov 17
Bob Casey is our representative and has been for many years. Bob always has a smile and is very upbeat. It is a pleasure to have Bob as our rep!read more
17:05 22 Nov 17
Bob Casey is extremely helpful and always upbeat! He always has our companies best interests in mind, making suggestions to that end and is great at communication. I look forward to working with Bob for many more years!read more
16:15 22 Nov 17
Our Route Representative, Bob Casey, is very conscientious, courteous and extremely helpful. He continually looks for areas we can improve or adjust as our usage and needs evolve, and suggest products as appropriate. Thank youread more