Waste Reduction Practices at ITU AbsorbTech
ITU AbsorbTech operates all processing facilities under the belief that Environmental Responsibility is essential. Textile products that are reused many times eliminate the waste created by disposable products and conserves natural resources.
Through management practices and technology advances, we strive to drive down consumption of energy, water and packaging and increase the life of the textiles themselves. Our facilities have obtained ISO 14001 certification, and our products and services have assisted thousands of customers who also value environmental stewardship.
How this Impacts our Customers
This philosophy and the innovations and practices it fosters impact many facets of the industrial laundry business and those of our customers, such as:
- Our unique, patented process to recover and quantify solvent from soiled products prevents solvents from evaporating into the air or going into the sewer system. After recovery, the solvent is so contaminant free that it is a valuable material.
- The products that our facilities process yield a wide range and large quantity of separated soil. With solvent recovery and improvements in our systems, our facilities generate no cleaning-related hazardous waste.
- Waste oil from cleaning operations is collected to be a reusable by‑product. Tons of commingled industrial oils and grease soils are diverted from landfills or the sewer systems annually.
- This high level of process control means our customers can have confidence that the soil in their laundry will not come back to haunt them as a future liability.
- ITU AbsorbTech is recognized by federal, state and local agencies as being at the forefront of the laundry industry in environmental capabilities and is the recipients of many environmental awards.
How to Reach Us
Our processing facilities are registered to ISO 14001:2015