SorbIts® Handling Instructions
Important information for users of the SorbIts® program
What are SorbIts®
SorbIts® are launderable, reusable absorbents you can use to soak up non-hazardous waste oils in your plant. SorbIts® will get picked up regularly for laundering by ITU AbsorbTech.
Change Out SorbIts® Regularly
Please turn in SorbIts® regularly. You only get back what you turn in for laundering.
View our instructional video on when and how to change out SorbIts® or follow these instructions:
- Lightly step on SorbIts®. If you can transfer liquid from your shoe to the floor, it’s ready to be changed out, or
- Look for a color change to dark purple. This is also a good indication that the product should be changed out.
Obtain clean SorbIts® from drums labeled Clean SorbIts® or from designated storage areas in your facility.
Tips for Success
- Do not throw away.
SorbIts® are professionally cleaned for reuse. Put used SorbIts® in drums labeled Soiled SorbIts®.
- No liquids, trash, or metal in drum.
Make sure used SorbIts® are not dripping when placed in Soiled SorbIts® drums and that drums are free of trash, metal shavings, and other debris.
- Do not cut SorbIts®.
Your company may be liable for any destroyed product.
How to Use SorbIts®
Soak up spills around machines that leak and for benchtop protection.
Use for slow drips, splashing, leaking, and areas where metal chips may get on the product.
Wrap around the base of a machine and use it as a dam. Do not double up. A single sock is highly effective.
Use for cleaning up oil spills.
Use for wet and oily shop areas, walk paths and at machinery.
Your efforts support sustainability and waste reduction at your facility.
- ITU AbsorbTech Named a 2023 Top WorkplaceMay 19, 2023
- Tee Up Raises $230,000 for T1D ResearchNovember 18, 2022